FPEF Scholarships, Grants and Internships
FPEF Scholarships are available to students enrolled in nine (9) credit hours or the equivalent, have a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale cumulative and who are taking a minimum of one fluid power course. Letters of recommendations, an official transcript, and an essay are also required when submitting an application.
2014 Scholarships- See winners. The International Fluid Power Society (IFPS) awards free student membership to all FPEF Scholarship recipients.
2015 scholarships will be available in 2015:
In addition to the online application, the following documents are needed to complete a scholarship application:
- An official sealed transcript proving you have earned a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Three letters of recommendation (one letter from an individual in each category listed below)
- Fluid power, science, math or technology instructor
- Principal, dean or career counselor
- Non-related adult who knows you (outside your school)
- 450-500 word typed essay (dated and signed). The essay should cover:
- Why you chose to learn about fluid power (describe your career aspirations)
- What impact you think you can have on the fluid power industry
- Career goals/leadership roles/extracurricular activities
- Awards you have been given
- Community service
Scholarships and Grants for IFPS Certification and Membership
Individual scholarships and grants are available to students, transitioning military personnel and college instructors/professors for one (1) IFPS Certification and one (1) year IFPS Membership. Funds are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Qualifications are listed below:
- Students – must be enrolled in a school that offers fluid power courses. How to apply.
- A student must take a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours or the equivalent and have a 3.50 GPA on a 4.0 scale cumulative.
- A student will need to submit an unofficial copy of their transcript, along with a letter of recommendation from a fluid power instructor or advisor.
- A student will need to submit a Certification Test Application indicating “FPEF Student Grant” in the payment section and has one-year in which to take the test.
- Transitioning Military - DD214 with honorable discharge needed. E-mail email@example.com
- College Instructor/Professor - funds are available for a “first” IFPS certification; traditional fees will apply for additional certification tests. Proof of employment needed. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Need-based scholarships* - are available for both students and professionals. E-mail email@example.com
*Individual must supply proof of unemployment, family income must be less than 50% of their state medium income, and submit prior year’s tax return.
The Fluid Power Educational Foundation actively pursues both funding for its own educational initiatives as well as related funding opportunities for students and professionals in the fluid power industry. We are constantly searching for more possibilities which have content related to the study of fluid power and its associated technologies including mathematics, science, and motion control. If you would like FPEF to list your organization’s internship opportunities or scholarships, please email the secretariat.