FPEF Scholarships / Grants
The Fluid Power Educational Foundation actively pursues both funding for its own educational initiatives as well as related funding opportunities for students and professionals in the fluid power industry. We are constantly searching for more possibilities which have content related to the study of fluid power and its associated technologies including mathematics, science, and motion control. If you would like FPEF to list your organization’s internship opportunities or scholarships, please email the secretariat.
Scholarships and Grants for IFPS Certification and Membership
Individual scholarships and grants are available to students, transitioning military and college instructors/professors for one (1) IFPS Certification and one (1) year IFPS Membership. Funds are available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Qualifications are listed below:
- Students – must be enrolled in a school that offers fluid power courses.
- A student must take a minimum of twelve (12) credit hours or the equivalent and have a 3.50 GPA on a 4.0 scale cumulative.
- A student will need to submit an unofficial copy of their transcript, along with a letter of recommendation from a fluid power instructor or advisor.
- A student will need to submit a Certification Test Application indicating “FPEF Student Grant” in the payment section.
- Transitioning Military - DD214 with honorable discharge needed.
- College Instructor/Professor - funds are available for a “first” IFPS certification; traditional fees will apply for additional certification tests. Proof of employment needed.
- Need-based scholarships* - are available for both students and professionals.
E-mail Info@fpef.org for further information.
*Individual must supply proof of unemployment, family income must be less than 50% less than 50% of their state medium income, and submit prior year’s tax return.
FPEF Scholarships are available to students enrolled in nine (9) credit hours or the equivalent and have a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale cumulative and who are taking a minimum of one fluid power course. Letters of recommendations, an official transcript, and an essay are also required when submitting an application.
2014 Scholarship Applications: Although the 2013 application deadline has passed, below is the criteria that will need to be met when applying in the future.
In addition to an online application that will be posted in 2014, the following documents are needed to complete a scholarship application:
- An official sealed transcript proving you have earned a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Three letters of recommendation (one letter from an individual in each category listed below)
- Fluid power, science, math or technology instructor
- Principal, dean or career counselor
- Non-related adult who knows you (outside your school)
- 450-500 word typed essay (dated and signed). The essay should cover:
- Why you chose to learn about fluid power (describe your career aspirations)
- What impact you think you can have on the fluid power industry
- Career goals/leadership roles/extracurricular activities
- Awards you have been given
- Community service
2013 Scholarships- See winners. The International Fluid Power Society (IFPS) awards free student membership to all FPEF Scholarship recipients.